Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ancestors



This is a picture of my great grandparents Edgar and Marie Smith Moats.



This might have been what some of my Irish immigrants looked like when they came from Ireland.

I come from the Germany, Scotland, England and Ireland. On my mom's side my grandpa is all German(My Great-Great Grandparents Switzer and Reiff) and my grandma is Scottish and English(My Great-Great Grandparents Forsyth and Putnam). My great-great grandparents might be the ones to have come over from Europe and through Ellis Island. On my dad's side my grandpa is German and Irish(Neher) and my grandma is English(Moats). My grandma told me that the Moats family has been hard to trace because the courthouses that would have had the information were burned down in the civil war.

No comments:

Post a Comment